The Next Best Thing – a blog hop. TAG! I’M IT! And I’ve changed it up! HAHA
The Next Big Thing is a Q&A for women writers. To do the Next Big Thing, a writer answers 10 questions about their current work and then tags a few others who will share the status of their own WIPS. My answers are below, however…because I had some difficulty finding other bloggers (women too busy Christmas shopping???) I’ve decided to change it up.
1. What is the working title of your book? The Album
2. Where did the idea for your book come from?
There was a writer’s contest many, many, many, many years ago and I simply started thinking about what I could possibly write that would make a good story.
3. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Father/daughter relationship with hidden historical fiction secrets.
4. What genre does your book fall under?
Historical fiction and mystery.
5. What actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Dakota Fanning, back when she was 12 as the main character, and Rob Lowe as the father.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I would prefer a publisher or agency, but in this ever evolving world of seeing my book in the hands of a reader I am open new concepts.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Over a year. But the manuscript has been worked on, off and on, for over eight years. Sitting for several years in-between.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Too many to list, with many similarities, yet so many differences.
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book? My desire to write something that middle-grade readers will take thoughts and emotions (good, bad) from. Additionally there is usually a central theme we see in books for specific genres, and I like the idea of reaching beyond that to create a story that “has it all.”
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? I guess they will have to wait till it makes it to print 😉
I want to thank Shannon Connor Winward for inviting me to participate in The Next Big Thing Blog Hop. Be sure to visit Shannon’s Blog where last week she answered the same ten questions about her work in progress, COVENANT.
Next week be sure to check out the authors I have tagged: So because of my lack of bloggers, I have decided to re-post three of my top visited illustrator interviews I had on my previous blog.
On Wednesday I will re-run my interview with Rhonda McCormack.
On Thursday I will re-run my interview with Nicole Esposito.
On Friday I will re-run my interview with Vivian Nguyen.
Please swing on by to learn more about these artists works. Then please join me on Monday December 17th for a new blog post (Christmas 5 minute fiction piece), with a re-post of last years Christmas 5 minute fiction piece for all my new blog visitors/readers.