I started reading Sycamore Row by John Grisham in March. I’m still only 1/2 way done. (And it’s a good book!). My writer friends are always posting about books they are reading, and I am thinking when do you have time to read?!?
I do make attempts to read but they always go south.
- If I sit down to read 88% of the time I fall asleep within the first 3 pages, even with the best books.
- If I am reading my mind wanders to my TO DO LIST.
- If I am reading I think about each sentence and scene and what I like or don’t like about it as a writer, reading each paragraph until I give up in actually moving to the next page.
- If I sit down to read I notice my hands and that they
- A. need new nail polish
- B. need lotion
- C. need cuticle care
- D. notice more freckles which leads to thinking about aging and before I know it I’ve read to 2 pages but didn’t comprehend any of it.
So, when do you find time to read?