- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes (preferably Off the Vine) diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup tomato sauce (marinara or tomato and basil)
- 1 tablespoon basil (dried)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (dried)
- 2-3 cans chicken broth (14.5 ounces each) or homemade chicken broth (depending on how thick or soupy you want it)
- 1 pound of ground turkey (or leftover turkey from Thanksgiving)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cooked rice (white or brown)
Remove ground turkey from package and add to pot with olive oil, brown. (Since there is literally no fat juices left over you don’t need to drain it). If you are using leftover turkey chunks add the turkey, but don’t brown.
Once the ground turkey is browned, add onion, tomato sauce, tomatoes, garlic, pepper, chicken broth, basil, parsley, and rice. Bring to simmer for about 5 minutes.
Serves 5 hearty bowls.