Over Thanksgiving I went on a trip to chilly and damp central Oregon to visit my father. According to stories told in the car I had been there before. (Back when I was a skiing fool!) While I remember being a skiing fool, I don’t remember central Oregon.
There were a few things I learned during my short trip.
- If you are looking for a conversation and simple chats head over to central Oregon. I was not aware such random conversations with smiling faces could exist.
- If you are in the mood to be cold and surrounded by trees in the winter, but don’t want to drive all the way to Washington stop at central Oregon.
- If you want to see deer that don’t care you are sharing their land, go to central Oregon. But watch where you step.
- If you follow rodeos apparently central Oregon is the place to be.
- If you don’t own a 1) truck 2) tractor 3) or are selling a tractor, then you are out-of-place.
- If you are into travel brochures and flyers galore central Oregon has many road-side information booths not under any supervision.